Here are some of the warning signs you should never ignore.
1. Lower back pain.Studies suggest that when you suffer from chronic back pain, chances are you might have clogged arteries because reduced blood flow can cause the disks in your vertebrae to weaken. This results in painful herniated disks.
2. Irregular heartbeat.When you have an abnormal heartbeat, it could also be a sign of a clogged artery. That is because when your heart does not receive enough blood because of the blockage, its pumping will be faster so that it can continuously bring in more blood to your heart.
3. Chest pain.The chest pain caused by a blocked artery is characterized by a squeezing pain or too much pressure sensation in your chest. You also feel heavy behind your breastbone and it radiates to the other parts of your body such as your arms, shoulder, back and even in your jaw.
4. Extreme sweating.When you excessively sweat even with a cool temperature, it could be an indication of a clogged artery. It means that your heart is working harder to pump blood because some passages are blocked.
5. Palpitations.Blocked arteries can also be recognized when you palpitate especially when you also feel dizzy and having chest pains, blurred vision, nausea and sweating a lot.
When you experience these signs, you should not wait for any further and have yourself checked as soon as possible. You may also want to pay attention to your lifestyle and diet and see what needs to be changed before the condition becomes life-threatening.