Here are the top natural home remedies to relieve your flu symptoms.
1. Drink plenty of fluids.The flu can make you feel dehydrated especially when you suffer from diarrhea or when you vomit. Make sure that you increase your fluid intake and drink as much water as you can. You can also drink natural fruit juices to help you recover faster. Try to stay away from coffee and from other caffeinated drinks.
2. Get plenty of rest.One of the reasons why it takes a long time for people to recover from flu is because of the fact that they do not allow themselves to get enough rest. If your body is telling you that it is weak, then don’t force yourself to go to work. If you need to spend the whole day in bed, then do it. Your body deserves to rest and one of the reasons why you could have caught that flu is because of over fatigue and stress.
3. Take vitamin C.Vitamin C is essential for your immune system function so it is important that you eat foods rich in vitamin C. There are also supplements available in the market and you can take this every day. Make sure that you don’t go beyond the 1,000 mg.
4. Get fresh air.It will help you feel better if you step outside to breathe in some fresh air. If you can get a bit of sunlight, it will be much better.
5. Take light and easy to digest foods.For flu, soups are highly encouraged. In fact, chicken soup help relieve the symptoms of upper respiratory tract infections. And it is also easy to digest so when you have a sore throat and find it difficult to eat, this is the best food you can take.
Prescription medicines may help relieve your flu symptoms but the natural ways are still the best ways, plus there are no side effects that you will have to worry.