Whether you’re a fresh graduate or someone who’s been working for a while now, there are some things you need to know when it comes to working in the real world.
Almost all offices and businesses in the Philippine setting require government-issued identification, one of them being the Social Security System (SSS) identification card.
However, the SSS ID has been phased out to make way for a newer and better system, the Unified Multi-purpose ID, or UMID for short.
It’s more than just a photo op and embedded personal details on plastic. In fact, this ID system uses innovative technology of biometrics for identity confirmation, with major emphasis on individual’s respect to private information and security sensitivity in one’s identification.
The UMID also has measures to prevent multiple issuances of cards often used by some to cheat the SSS and rip off benefits and services without proper processing. Here are the requirements for a UMID Application.
The Unified Multi-purpose ID (UMID) can be used securely with any listed government agencies such as the Pag-Ibig Home Development Mutual Fund, GSIS, and Philippine Health Insurance (PhilHealth). All the information you need is all in one card!
Table of Content:
- Requirements For Applying UMID Card.
- Download UMID Application Form.
- Fill out UMID Application Form.
UMID Card: How to Apply for Unified Multi-purpose ID Card
1. Primary documents.
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) card
- Seaman’s book
2. Alternative documents.However, if you do not have any of the primary documents specified above, you may opt to use any of the 2 IDs of the listed documents as alternative documents:
- Driver’s license
- Valid National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID/Affidavit
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) card
- Pag-Ibig Member’s Data Form
- PHIC Member’s Data Record
- Police Clearance
- Transcript of School Records
- Voter’s Identification Card/Affidavit
- Senior citizen card (SSS pensioner)
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) member’s record/Certificate of Membership
- School or company ID
- Major bank cards such as credit or ATM, or you may opt for a certificate from your chosen bank that certify the account number belonging to the cardholder (if ever the cardholder’s name is not on the card)
- Savings account Passbook
- Marriage Contract
- Alien certificate of registration
- Life Insurance Policy
- Certification from the Office of Southern/Northern Cultural Communities or Office of Muslim Affairs
- Bureau of Immigration-issued Certification of Naturalization
- Company Representative Authorization Card issued by SSS
- Health or Medical Card
- Local Government Unit (e.g. Barangay/ Municipality/City) issued IDs
- PRC recognized professional associations that issue ID Cards
- Philippine National Police (PNP) issued-Firearms Permit (from Firearms and Explosive Unit)
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) Card
- Bureau of Fisheries & Aquatic Resources (BFAR) issued Fisherman’s Card
Note: There is no need to bring any pictures (1x1 or 2x2) as the agency will capture your photo on the spot!
3. Application form.
1. Get a UMID Application Form.UMID Forms are available at the application centers. You also have the option to download the form online.
Here is the link for the Online UMID Form: [ Download it here ]
Be sure to double check all the information you’ve entered in the form.
Here are the following information needed to be filled out in the UMID application form:
- Full name of applicant
- Name of Father
- Mother’s Maiden Name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Home address
- Marital status
- Any prominent distinguishing features
- Taxpayer ID Number (TIN)
How to Apply UMID, Procedure.After securing the needed documents and finishing filling up the form, you may now visit any SSS Office Branch within your city or region to process your UMID. Be sure to submit your filled out form along with your valid IDs and documents for verification!
Once you’re verified, you’ll be transferred to another window or designated area for ID picture taking, fingerprint scanning, and electronic signature signing.
After all the processing starts the waiting game. While some have said that the UMID will arrive in 30 days by mail, there has been confirmation that the UMID processing time and release of the card is now cut down to 10 business days!
So what are you waiting for? Get your own UMID today!